- Dish type
- Green salad
A green salad is topped with orange slices and jewel-like pomegranate seeds and served with an orange vinaigrette dressing.
4 people made this
- 80ml olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch dried sage, or to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon orange juice, or to taste
- 275g mixed baby salad greens
- 150g pomegranate, peeled and seeds separated
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
MethodPrep:20min ›Ready in:20min
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt, black pepper, sage, cayenne pepper and orange juice.
- Place the salad greens into the salad bowl and lightly toss to coat with salad dressing.
- Sprinkle salad with pomegranate seeds and orange segments.
- Toss again and serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (3)
by Marge Gillis
I love pomegrantes and this is a very light and tasty salad. It is a big hit with my family. The dressing spice of the dressing offsets the sweetness of the fruit nicely.-26 May 2012
by Baking Nana
This is a beautiful salad. I agree with another reviewer that sliced red onion would be awesome. The dressing just didn't quite seem right. Very thin and doesn't hug the greens, the tastes did seem to blend well.-10 Oct 2016
by Pat Torlen
Great combination of raw ingredients with this dressing. I added some thinly sliced red onion and sprouts for a little more flavour.-12 Apr 2016