- Dish type
- Celebration cakes
- Birthday cake
- Kids' birthday cakes
Delicious cupcakes. Delicious with your favourite icing.
Essex, England, UK
197 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 8 Cupcakes
- 1 egg
- 50g margarine
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g self raising flour
- 25g grated carrot, apple or chocolate (optional)
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:25min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. The more you mix, the bigger the cupcakes will be.
- Place cake cases into a baking tray. Pour the mixture in the cases.
- Cook for about 15 minutes. Touch the top of a cake and it should bounce back if they are cooked.
- Add icing (optional). Eat!
How to ice cupcakes
Watch our How to ice cupcakes video to see how to dress them up or down for any occasion!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(17)
Reviews in English (18)
they did not turn out good at all as they collapsed in the middle and when i decided to take them out they all fell apart, even though i did the recipe twice. the taste is ok but i would not recommend this recipe.-26 Sep 2012
Something else.Add a bit of vanilla essense for extra taste-07 Oct 2010
Perfect! I doubled the amount as i was making 12 medium cupcakes but it worked perfectly! The cupcakes for yummy-04 Mar 2012